McDonnell International Scholars Academy
2nd International Symposium on Energy and Environment
December 8 - 10, 2008
Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central Hong Kong
A very successful Symposium was held in Hong Kong, and was attended by more than
150 participants from the 25 Partner Universities and Corporate Sponsors.
Browse the pages to learn more, view the presentations and pictures of the
The goals of the 2nd International Symposium on Energy and Environment were to:
In addition, students from the 25 Partner Universities interacted with each other,
and formed a cohort of global scholars working in areas of Energy and the Environment.
Opportunities to develop joint proposals and seek funding to promote multilateral collaborations will be explored.
- present results of collaborative research currently
- identify new areas of research and education of global importance in energy and environment;
- communicate areas of strength at each partner university; and
- explore funding opportunitites to sustain collaborative
- University Presidents Forum initiate a "Call to Action"
2nd INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ENDS WITH RENEWED CALL FOR ACTION FOR 25 PARTNER
UNIVERSITIES TO WORK COLLABORATIVELY TO TACKLE GLOBAL ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL
* The Symposium was attended by more than 150 faculty, students and
corporate leaders. A summary of the
meeting, keynote presentations and CALL TO ACTION by Presidents of Universities
have been posted on this site.
Dr. Steven Chu, keynote presenter at Symposium is appointed Secretary of Energy,
USA (click for more information)
* Collaborative Projects totaling approximately $ 1 Million per year to be funded
by Consortium for Clean Coal Utilization (look for for details in January 2009)
* Pictures from various events at the Symposium.
Click here to view.
NEW INITIATIVES LAUNCHED
Doctoral Students Launch Multi-University Network in Energy and Environment
Clean Coal Utilization launched, December 8, 2008
Faculty from 14 Universities form Multi-University AEROSOL NETWORK
1st International Symposium on Energy & Environment/>